Friday, February 6, 2009

99Designs

I'm working on launching a jewelry store on www.etsy.com. It's a pretty awesome website. So I'm looking for a banner or logo for my jewelry store to make it a little more appealing to the eye once I get some stuff up. I e-mail Josh and Jordan about suggestions on how to go about making a banner. Josh sends me this website:

www.99designs.com

The basic idea of it is that people looking for logos, brochures, anything really in the graphic design realm can post a contest for graphic artists. The minimum prize for one of these contests is 100 bucks. There are hundreds of contests up. I wonder if some of those artist can actually make that their primary source of income? Maybe not, but if you're good enough, you can end up winning a significant amount. It's a pretty cool idea.

Unfortunately, I didn't have 100 bucks to offer as a prize, nor did I have the 40 bucks they charge you to host your contest, so I'm still looking for a banner/logo. Let me know if you've know anyone or have any brilliant ideas on how to create one.

No comments:

Post a Comment