Wednesday, February 4, 2009

More on that...

Forgive me as I get used to all this blogging stuff. I'm realizing that I either need to get my thoughts more organized or get a life because all day after writing that first post, I've been reflecting on it and thinking up new thoughts.

It's funny because I'm just now realizing that I've been struggling with this idea of "whose responsibility is whose" for longer than just last Saturday on my way to school. Makes me wondering if God is presenting this common theme for a reason.

Last Thursday night at Bible study, we were studying Luke 4:31-44. Again, I pulled something out of the scripture that was probably a result of me looking into things. Check out verses 42-44:

42 Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. 43 But he replied, “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent.” 44 So he continued to travel around, preaching in synagogues throughout Judea.

Jesus left the people of Capernaum. His job there was done and he had to move on. I don't like that idea of Jesus leaving. We joked at bible study about there not being a follow up appointment. Jesus didn't establish relationships with these people and check up on them. He healed them, and moved on. Again, I wonder at what point are our jobs done with people. Did Jesus pray for the people he healed in Capernaum, did he ask others how they were doing? I don't know what it is about all this but it bothers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment